Secure Memory Keys
For additional security, Datakey offers the Secure Memory line of keys, featuring the Unique ID series and the CryptoMemory series. Secure Memory keys are available with I2C or Atmel 2-wire interfaces and capacities from 1 Kb to 256 Kb. The keys feature:
- Ultra-rugged Construction – Serial Memory keys are solid over-molded using a durable composite, making them impervious to liquids and virtually crush-proof.
- Redundant Contacts – With contacts on both sides of the memory key it is impossible to insert it “upside-down.”
- Branding Options – The keys are available in six standard colors and have custom logo options for the shank and head areas.
Datakey offers both board- and panel-mount receptacles. The board-mount models are available in both surface-mount and through-hole versions. Additional features include:
- LED Indicator – Optional LEDs warn notify the user when the key is being written to (red LED) and when it is safe to remove the key (green LED).
- High Cycle-life Contacts – All Key Receptacles are rated for a minimum of 200,000 insertion cycles.
- Positive Key Retention – Turning the key 90 degrees in the receptacle locks the key into place, preventing it from vibrating loose.
It is often desired to use a PC to read data from or write data to a memory key. The KeyLink programmers support the Unique ID Secure Memory Key and all of the Serial Memory keys and connect to a PC via a USB or RS-232 port. The programmers come with Windows® drivers and a sample application. The sample application can be used for troubleshooting when integrating a memory key into an embedded design, as it provides a known-good way to communicate with the memory device. For those who wish to develop their own Windows® applications, we offer a development kit with all of the necessary tools, including the programmer.
KeyLink Development Kits
The KeyLink development kits include everything needed to develop a Windows® application that can read data from and write data to a Unique ID Secure Memory key or a Serial Memory key using a KeyLink programmer. The development kit includes:
- 2 – Memory key samples
- 1 – KeyLink Programmer
- 1 – KC4210PCB board-mount receptacle
- 1 – KC4210 panel-mount receptacle
- Plus all cables, drivers, software and documentation
Windows® is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation.