Secure Memory Keys
For additional security, Datakey offers the Secure Memory line of keys, featuring the Unique ID series and the CryptoMemory® series. Secure Memory keys are available with I2C interfaces and capacities from 1 Kb to 256 Kb. The keys feature:
- Ultra-rugged Construction – Serial Memory keys are solid over-molded using a durable composite, making them impervious to liquids and virtually crush-proof.
- Redundant Contacts – With contacts on both sides of the memory key it is impossible to insert it “upside-down.”
- Branding Options – The keys are available in six standard colors and have custom logo options for the shank and head areas.
Datakey offers both board- and panel-mount receptacles. The board-mount models are available in both surface-mount and through-hole versions. Additional features include:
- LED Indicator – Optional LEDs warn notify the user when the key is being written to (red LED) and when it is safe to remove the key (green LED).
- High Cycle-life Contacts – All Key Receptacles are rated for a minimum of 200,000 insertion cycles.
- Positive Key Retention – Turning the key 90 degrees in the receptacle locks the key into place, preventing it from vibrating loose.
It is often desired to use a PC to read data from or write data to a memory key. The KeyLink programmers support the Unique ID Secure Memory Key and all of the Serial Memory keys and connect to a PC via a USB or RS-232 port. The programmers come with Windows® drivers and a sample application. The sample application can be used for troubleshooting when integrating a memory key into an embedded design, as it provides a known-good way to communicate with the memory device. For those who wish to develop their own Windows® applications, we offer a development kit with all of the necessary tools, including the programmer. KeyLink programmers do not support CryptoMemory® keys.
KeyLink Development Kits
The KeyLink development kits include everything needed to develop a Windows® application that can read data from and write data to a Unique ID Secure Memory key or a Serial Memory key using a KeyLink programmer. There is not a development kit for CryptoMemory® keys. The development kit includes:
- 2 – Memory key samples
- 1 – KeyLink Programmer
- 1 – KC4210PCB board-mount receptacle
- 1 – KC4210 panel-mount receptacle
- Plus all cables, drivers, software and documentation
Windows® is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation.
CryptoMemory is a registered trademark of Microchip Technology Inc.