Secure Memory Plug Tokens
For additional security, Datakey offers the Unique ID Secure Memory Plug Token. The Unique ID Plug Token uses an I2C interface and has a capacity of 1.5 Kb. Plug tokens feature:
- Foldable Stainless-Steel Bail – The plug token's stainless steel bail is used to lock the token in place. The bail also folds flat, allowing for a flush mount.
- Corrosion-resistant Contacts – Conductive elastomer contacts on the periphery of the plug token resist corrosion to ensure reliable operation in the harshest environments.
KSD Plug Receptacles are IP65-rated, splash-proof, panel-mount receptacles that mate with all Secure Memory Plug Tokens and Serial Memory Plug Tokens. Additional features include:
- Resistance to Environmental Hazards – KSD Plug Receptacles are resistant to sand, dust, salt-fog, rain, magnetic fields, drop shock, and ESD.
- Positive Token Retention – Turning the plug token's stainless-steel bail 45 degrees in the receptacle locks the plug token into place, preventing it from vibrating loose.
It is often desired to use a PC to read data from or write data to a memory plug token. The KSDLink programmers support the Unique ID Secure Memory Plug Tokens and all of the Serial Memory Plug Tokens and connect to a PC via a USB port. The programmers come with Windows® drivers and a sample application. The sample application can be used for troubleshooting when integrating a memory plug token into an embedded design, as it provides a known-good way to communicate with the memory device. For those who wish to develop their own Windows® applications, we offer a development kit with all of the necessary tools, including the programmer.
KSDLink Development Kits
The KSDLink development kits include everything needed to develop a Windows® application that can read data from and write data to a Unique ID Secure Memory plug token or a Serial Memory plug token using a KSDLink programmer. The development kit includes:
- 2 – Memory plug token samples
- 1 – KSDLink Programmer
- 1 – KSD panel-mount receptacle
- Plus all cables, drivers, software and documentation
Windows® is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation.