Serial Memory Keys
Leveraging industry-standard serial EEPROM and NOR flash memory, Datakey offers memory keys with SPI, I2C or Microwire interfaces and capacities from 1 Kb to 64 Mb. The keys feature:
- Ultra-rugged Construction – Serial Memory keys are solid over-molded using a durable composite, making them impervious to liquids and virtually crush-proof.
- Redundant Contacts – With contacts on both sides of the memory key it is impossible to insert it “upside-down.”
- Branding Options – The keys are available in six standard colors and have custom logo options for the shank and head areas.
Datakey offers both board-mount (through-hole) and panel-mount key receptacles. Additional features include:
- Redundant Contacts – Like the memory keys, the contacts of the key receptacles are also redundant. This fully-redundant contact system provides for reliable operation in less than ideal conditions.
- High Cycle-life Contacts – All key receptacles are rated for a minimum of 200,000 insertion cycles. That’s 133 times more than most USB receptacles.
- LED Indicators – The panel mount receptacle is offered with optional LED indicators. When the green LED is illuminated, it is safe for the user to insert or remove the key. When the red LED is illuminated, the key should not be removed.
It is often desired to use a PC to read data from or write data to a memory key. The KeyLink programmers support all of the Serial Memory keys and connect to a PC via a USB or RS-232 port. The programmers come with Windows® drivers and a sample application. The sample application can be used for troubleshooting when integrating a memory key into an embedded design, as it provides a known-good way to communicate with the memory device. For those who wish to develop their own Windows® applications, we offer a development kit with all of the necessary tools, including the programmer.
KeyLink Development Kits
The KeyLink development kits include everything needed to develop a Windows® application that can read data from and write data to a Serial Memory key using a KeyLink programmer. The development kit includes:
- 2 – Memory key samples
- 1 – KeyLink Programmer
- 1 – KC4210PCB board-mount receptacle
- 1 – KC4210 panel-mount receptacle
- Plus all cables, drivers, software and documentation
Windows® is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation.