Bar Memory Tokens
Leveraging industry-standard serial EEPROM memory, Datakey offers Bar tokens with SPI, I2C or Microwire interfaces and capacities from 1 Kb to 256 Kb. The tokens feature:
- Ultra-rugged Construction – Bar memory tokens are solid over-molded using a durable composite, making them impervious to liquids and virtually crush-proof.
- MIL-STD-810 Tested – Bar memory tokens have been tested to MIL-STD-810F standards for immersion, salt-fog, freezing rain, altitude, solar radiation and more.
- Writable Label – Bar memory tokens come standard with a white, writable label.
Bar receptacles mount to the surface of an enclosure with only the contact pins extending inside. This greatly reduces the volume required inside the enclosure. Additional features include:
- IP67 Rating – All Bar receptacles have an IP67 rating and can ship with or without a pre-installed adhesive gasket. The design also minimizes radiated emissions.
- MIL-STD-810 Tested – Bar receptacles have been tested to MIL-STD-810F standards (with and without mated Bar tokens) for shock, vibration, immersion, salt-fog, blowing dust & sand, freezing rain, altitude, solar radiation and more.
- Open Design – The open design of the Bar receptacles allow for easy in-field cleaning. The contact system employs a wiping mechanism to clear any material with each insertion.
It is often desired to use a PC to read data from or write data to a memory token. The BarLink programmers support all of the Bar tokens and connect to a PC via a USB port. The programmers come with Windows® drivers and a sample application. The sample application can be used for troubleshooting when integrating a Bar token into an embedded design, as it provides a known-good way to communicate with the memory device. For those who wish to develop their own Windows® applications, we offer a development kit with all of the necessary tools, including the programmer.
BarLink Development Kits
The BarLink development kit includes everything needed to develop a Windows® application that can read data from and write data to a Bar memory token using a BarLink programmer. The development kit includes:
- 2 – Bar memory token samples
- 1 – BarLink Programmer
- 1 – Bar receptacle
- Plus drivers, software and documentation
Windows® is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation.