CryptoMemory® Key Products
Not Recommended for New Designs
Microchip has classified the CryptoMemory® ICs as "mature". While not EOL, we would recommend that new designs consider ther newer CryptoAuthentication™ memory tokens.
Datakey CryptoMemory® keys take Microchip's CryptoMemory® high-security EEPROM ICs and repackage them into a rugged portable memory device. The memory keys can be used for the secure storage/transfer of keys, certificates and passwords and come in capacities from 1 Kbit to 256 Kbits. The keys can also be used as a secure credential, along with many other applications. The keys feature:
- Security Features like multiple secure data slots, 64-bit hardware encryption engine, mutual authentication between memory device and host, encrypted communications and more.
- Ultra-rugged Construction – CryptoMemory keys are solid over-molded using a durable composite, making them impervious to liquids and virtually crush-proof.
- Redundant Contacts – With contacts on both sides of the memory key it is impossible to insert it “upside-down.”
- Branding Options – The keys are available in six standard colors and have custom logo options for the shank and head areas.
Receptacles for CryptoMemory® Keys
CryptoMemory® keys mate with Datakey board-mount and panel-mount receptacles. The board-mount models feature through-hole technology. Additional features include:
- LED Indicator – Optional LEDs warn/notify the user when the key is being written to (red LED) and when it is safe to remove the key (green LED).
- High Cycle-life Contacts – All key receptacles are rated for a minimum of 200,000 insertion cycles.
- Positive Key Retention – Turning the key 90 degrees in the receptacle locks the key into place, preventing it from vibrating loose.
CryptoAuthentication is a trademark of Microchip Technology Incorporated in the U.S.A. and other countries and is used under license.
CryptoMemory is a registered trademark of Microchip Technology Incorporated in the U.S.A. and other countries and is used under license.