CryptoMemory® Token Products
Not Recommended for New Designs
Microchip has classified the CryptoMemory® ICs as "mature". While not EOL, we would recommend that new designs consider the newer CryptoAuthentication™ memory tokens.
Datakey CryptoMemory® tokens take Microchip’s CryptoMemory® high-security EEPROM ICs and repackage them into a rugged portable memory device. The memory tokens can be used for the secure storage/transfer of keys, certificates and passwords and come in capacities from 1 Kbit to 256 Kbits. The tokens can also be used as a secure credential, along with many other applications. The tokens feature:
- Security Features like multiple secure data slots, 64-bit hardware encryption engine, mutual authentication between memory device and host, encrypted communications and more.
- Ultra-rugged Construction – CryptoMemory® tokens are solid over-molded using a durable composite, making them impervious to liquids and virtually crush-proof.
- Redundant Contacts – With contacts on both sides of the memory token it is impossible to insert it “upside-down.”
- Branding Options – The tokens are available in six standard colors.
Receptacles for CryptoMemory® Tokens
CryptoMemory® tokens mate with Datakey board-mount and panel-mount receptacles. The board-mount models are available in both surface-mount and through-hole versions. Additional features include:
- IP65 and IP67 Ratings – Several receptacles are available in IP65- and IP67-rated versions. Versions that reduce radiated emissions are also available.
- High Cycle-life Contacts – All SlimLine™ receptacles are rated for a minimum of 50,000 insertion cycles. That’s 33 time more than most USB receptacles.
- Cabling Options – Choose a panel mount receptacle with a standard 10-pin header (for use with a ribbon cable) or choose a locking connector for high-vibration applications.
CryptoAuthentication is a trademark of Microchip Technology Incorporated in the U.S.A. and other countries and is used under license.
CryptoMemory is a registered trademark of Microchip Technology Incorporated in the U.S.A. and other countries and is used under license.